The Good Fruits
In the community supported farm structure, each member of the relationship benefits; the shareholders, the farmer, the farm (the earth), as well as the greater community.
* Receive fresh, contamination-free produce.
* Pay close to supermarket prices for fresh, organic produce.
* Know where and how their food is grown, who grows it, and have the opportunity to produce their own food.
* Are provided with a structure through which they can support viable local agriculture, preserve local farmland, and contribute to a healthy local economy.
* Is given the opportunity to make a viable income by growing food in a reasonable, harmonious way, directly
supported by the consumer without a middle man.
* Has the pleasure of knowing who his/her produce is going to, and consequently feels more care, responsibility, and reward in his/her work.
* Is relieved of marketing labor and can focus more on growing food.
* Is preserved from development.
* Is preserved from harmful farming practices.
* Is nurtured, fertile, bountiful land.
The Greater Community:
* Benefits by the preservation of natural space, which provides aesthetic and psychological enrichment.
* Is strengthened by the bringing together of people who share healthy concerns about the future.
* Local community is boosted when food dollars remain within the community rather than supporting out of state corporations.
* Develops an educational farm, which can be used as a model for organic growers.